What We Do
ADVOCATE: “to speak or write in favor of; to publicly support.”
- Save Crow’s Nest is best known for our longstanding advocacy on behalf of saving all the Crow’s Nest peninsula.
- Members have attended public hearings, contacted public officials, written letters and articles for the newspaper, and more.
WATCH: “to remain vigilant for protection; keep guard.”
- Save Crow’s Nest monitors legislation and law suits that relate to Crow’s Nest.
- We write news updates and analyses that we share with our members.
EDUCATE: “to inform by teaching or instruction.”
- Save Crow’s Nest shares information on this web site and through our mailing list.
- We have held house gatherings and public meetings, as well as attending community events to share information.
PRESERVE: “to keep safe from harm; protect; to keep up; maintain.”
- Save Crow’s Nest has a semi-annual trash pick-up along the roads adjacent to the Crow’s Nest peninsula.
- As public access to the Crow’s Nest Natural Area Preserve increases, we will help organize volunteers for trail maintenance and other preservation work.
ENJOY: “to experience with joy; take pleasure in; to use with satisfaction.”
- With increased public access, look for more outings to hike Crow’s Nest and to kayak the area from the new boat launch in the Crow’s Nest Natural Area Preserve.